Skip to content
How To Wash Your Filter
Here’s How To Wash Your Air Filter
1. Always vacuum your filter first.
2. Locate the airflow arrow on the side of the filter
3. Simply rinse your filter with water in the opposite direction of the airflow arrow first. The idea is to drive the dirt out of the filter, not to push it deeper into the filter.
4. Rinse in the other direction
5. If the filter is exposed to pet hair, cigarette or cooking fumes, it is recommended to use a mild detergent.
6.Let the filter dry. DO NOT put a wet filter in your furnace
To wash the filter, you can:
1. Use the shower and/or bathtub
2. Use a garden hose in your garage/outside the house
3. Use the laundry sink
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.